16: energy

the taste of caffeinated beverages has improved over time, or at least my sense of taste has gotten worse. i've never been able to understand when people say something is "an acquired taste," especially when things taste terrible. if you acquire a taste for something terrible, then your sense of taste has gotten worse, not better. anywho, enough of my rant.

in my mind there are two types of caffeinated drinks, primarily for the dispersion of quick energy for the masses. hot and cold.

i will address hot drinks first. coffee and tea. obviously, there are several variations on each, and those will be included. while the choice is difficult, and the other usually wins out in an actual lifestyle decision, the logical decision for me is tea. it is far more appealing than coffee conceptually. in the end of the day though, when i put my money where my mouth is, i will choose coffee. it's more accessible, and the caffeine volume is higher if that's really what i'm craving.

with cold drinks, it's a competition between energy drinks, coffee and tea. i would still choose coffee as my iced drink for caffeine dosing, but tea as my drink for taste. it's beautiful, and it actually quenches thirst.

let me talk about my tolerance for energy drinks: they make my kidneys hurt. i have no idea why.

No comments: