15: proposal

who? what? when? why? where? how? big questions concerning such an event. i hope they'll remain as secret as possible, without the surprise, the event could be ruined.

*edit december 24, 2008*
obviously, this post had to be discrete at the time i posted it, but now it no longer has to be. :) what a wonderful time. anywho, we were in san francisco, on the night of december 22nd. we were on the 22nd floor of our hotel (how fun) looking over san francisco. if i had a picture i'd show you.

i had been ring shopping about a month beforehand, and had finally bought adrienne's ring a few weeks before we had left. i had some ideas for a plan on how i was intending to propose, but i knew that once i had the ring in my hand, that would be it. i have a hard time waiting for anything. especially something this exciting.

we got into san francisco, checked into the hotel with my parents, and went out to a cafe to grab our first meal together. on the way there, my mom handed me "some money," but actually handed me the ring to put into my pocket.

after dinner, we went back to the hotel, and after talking for a bit i turned to adrienne and said, "i love you." and she said, "i love you too." then i proceeded to get down on one knee, and with her hand in mine, i pulled the ring out of my pocket and asked her to marry me.

"is this a joke?!"

was her response, to which i replied, "no, i'm serious."

and she said yes.

so far it's been a great time of celebration and a lot of fun. we're back to rhode island on january first. i'm excited to spend time with friends from home. :)

1 comment:

adee greene said...

yep. that's why you lied the other day.

and then wouldn't let me share the news.

fun-sucker.

:P ;)